When buying a home, how do I determine the amount of coverage in my homeowners insurance policy?

At InsuranceAgency.com, we run a home assessment report that will give us the proper amount under which to insure your home.

Why Should I have an insurance agent when I buy Insurance?

While InsuranceAgency.com offers plenty of information regarding auto insurance, homeowners insurance and other policies, we also know there’s more to finding good coverage than a questionnaire and a insurance quote generator. In order to protect what’s important to you, a good policy has to be there when you need it—and that means asking the right questions. That’s why it’s a good idea to go a step beyond the automation and talk directly with a licensed agent.

An agent can help gather the information to answer coverage-specific questions like: “What should the coverage limit on my home be under my homeowners policy?” At the same time, an agent can also help determine the right coverages based on lifestyle and individual needs and find the best way for your policies to fit together, answering questions like: “Should I have personal umbrella coverage?” or “Do I need a valuable articles policy?”

An agent is trained to ask the questions you haven’t thought of regarding your coverage. A good agent will explain exactly what a policy covers and the limitations of that coverage.

Agents are here to build a policy that’s right for you. Their business is your piece of mind, and their expertise can help you through the more difficult insurance questions you’ve got.

• An agent will tell you the lowest price is not the most important thing all the time.

• An agent will tell you how to get coverage on things you may not have thought to cover.

• Agents are held accountable for coverage we recommend; that’s why we’re licensed in each state.

That last part is the most important point. When you talk to an agent, you get insight on coverages that best suit your needs. From home to auto to valuable articles, your investments are best protected when you speak with an agent.

What is the difference between Replacement Cost and Market value?

The “replacement cost” is the price to repair or rebuild your home at the current cost for labor and materials. “Market value,” on the other hand, is what you could sell your home for. This includes external factors such as the current housing market, the local school district and the popularity of the neighborhood.

Does my home insurance cover flood?

Your homeowners policy will not cover flood. This is covered under an additional policy, available at InsuranceAgency.com

What Liability limits should I have on my homeowners policy?

The amount of personal liability limits you choose depends upon your individual needs. First review your assets, your home, cars, personal belongings and your investments. Ask yourself how much you have to lose in the event of a lawsuit.

How is a deductible applied to my loss payment?

If you have a loss that a deductible applies, it is deducted at the time of the loss payment.

Why do you need my Social Security Number when getting insurance quotes?

It is needed to run a report to get quotes. Almost all insurance companies run a pre-qualifying report to determine you insurance premium. They need your social security number to run this report and obtain the best pricing possible.

What happens if a tree falls on my house?

The damage to the house is covered, but the tree removal is only covered up to the limit on your policy. If the tree does not hit your house, another structure, or blocks your driveway–it is not covered.

When my stove breaks down why it isn’t covered by insurance?

Insurance is not a warranty. Many people are under the impression that insurance covers everything, but this is a common misconception.